This demonstration video may appear to be a shameless promotion for Piste to Peak Volume #3. That's because this is the teaser video for it... so I guess it is! We'll document some more specific carving objectives in future posts, but for the time being this demonstrates a fairly broad spectrum of carved turn shapes.
- Use the ski design (the side cut's self steering effect) to create various turn shapes.
- Leave clean tracks in the snow where the tail of the ski follow the same path as the tip.
- Show various corridor widths.
- Show various degrees of loading and deflection.
- Link turns from one arc to the next.
Join the Science Friction Club.
You'll get to outsmart your ski instructor & troubleshoot your own ski technique.