Notifications
Clear all

Fitness  

RSS

(@saraskarstein)
Active Member Science Friction Club
Science Friction Club
27/02/2019 8:58 pm  

I found this fitness program that is suited for the skiers out there ( https://www.freshtracksphysio.ca/blog/fresh-tips-episode-2 )! Check it out. Fresh Tracks Physio has shared more videos on their physio blog for those interested.

What do you do to stay in shape for skiing season? 😊 Share your tips underneath.

This topic was modified 2 years ago by saraskarstein

Topic Tags
(@therealmrtall)
New Member Secret Snow Sliding Society
Secret Snow Sliding Society
Section 8 Camper
Science Friction Club
04/03/2019 4:38 am  

This routine would also make a good in-season training plan. I follow a routine that includes a couple of the exercises in the video, plus some others that work the same areas. I warm up on the elliptical to get the heart rate up and to warm up the glutes and legs (say 15 minutes of intervals -- 60 seconds moderate difficulty to 30 seconds more difficult).

Another couple of exercises in my warmup are some wood-chop medicine ball exercises (using a 12-pound ball):

I came across another pre-season video a while ago on Backcountry.com: Pre-season ski conditioning.

This post was modified 2 years ago by mfedoruk

ReplyQuote
(@saraskarstein)
Science Friction Club
04/03/2019 7:00 pm  

This is great! Thank you so much for sharing 😀  

ReplyQuote
(@ronahberfelde)
Science Friction Club
04/03/2019 7:11 pm  

Looks good, I usually finish or start off my workout with intervals on the treadmill and follow some of the exercises above!I´ll try to implement it into my workout.😎 
I had a knee injury a couple months ago and my physio recommended some of the same exercises that Fresh Track Physio shared as well:  https://www.freshtracksphysio.ca/physio-blog/ski-injury-prevention-exercise

Have a look at it!

ReplyQuote
Share:
Item added to cart.
0 items - $0.00
X