Camps vs Seasonal Training program? Poll is created on Mar 14, 2021

Camps vs Seasonal Training Program

(@skinerd)
Reputable Member Admin
Section 8 Coach
Science Friction Club
Secret Snow Sliding Society
Topic starter  

What would your training availability look like?  Select any that would interest you. Feel free to comment with details.

(@therealmrtall)
Estimable Member Secret Snow Sliding Society
Science Friction Club

The full-season one day per week option works for me if the day occurs over the weekend.

Another idea is to have a series of 1-week camps with a specific focus for each camp: 

• 1-week On-Piste Performance Camp
  • 1-week Off-Piste Performance Camp
  • 1-week Race Camp
  • 1-week Moguls Camp
  • 1-week MA & Drills Camp**

** Focus on development of MA and drills for advanced skiers (which would help Level 3 Teach, while at the same fine tuning our own skiing). 

One could have the option to pick and choose camps based on a specific area of interest, or sign up for all camps as a package. Ideally (for me at least) there'd be a break between camps to allow time to practice what was learned before the next camp, with the option for online coaching during the break/practice period. The option to pick and choose would provide flexibility for people who work full-time and cannot necessarily take time off for longer camps. (For instance, a 6-week camp for myself would be impossible, whereas a few smaller camps are certainly within the realm of possibility.) Essentially I'm thinking of a way to train for Level 3 that works for out-of-town working stiffs like myself. ? 

With respect to two- and three-week camps, perhaps they'd be some combination of the above. One week would focus on X and Y, and another on Z, for instance. Maybe that works better -- have two two-week camps that combine the above in some useful/efficient way.

SkiNerd liked
ReplyQuote
(@skinerd)
Reputable Member Admin
Section 8 Coach
Science Friction Club
Topic starter  

@therealmrtall I’m looking at organizing 2 x 2 week camps as you suggest with the CSIA L3 Ski module scheduled the week before the first one and the CSIA L3 teach module scheduled between the two, and then have exams scheduled for the week after... so people could do both camps combined with the modules and exams in 7 weeks for the complete package... or just do a one or both camps on their own. 

Marcus liked
ReplyQuote
(@therealmrtall)
Science Friction Club

@skinerd Interested to hear more as plans develop. My goal is to aim for at least the ski module and the following course. The whole seven weeks could be a stretch, but one can dream!

ReplyQuote
(@therealmrtall)
Science Friction Club

@skinerd One potential topic for the ski course that would be interesting is "how to train" or "effective training". The Warren Jobbit video you posted inspired the idea -- warm up routine followed by three hours of active training.

I thinking about next season one goal is to develop a training plan. Aside from the L3 module and two-week camps, what is the best way to organize training to optimize results? Drills or runs to focus on, etc. Input from a coach would be ideal (as individuals' skills and strength/improvements area will almost certainly differ), so the goals are more directed and focused on specific areas to improve. 

SkiNerd liked
ReplyQuote
(@skinerd)
Reputable Member Admin
Section 8 Coach
Science Friction Club
Topic starter  

Interesting idea... could do a shorter in person camp followed by digital follow ups through the season. You’ve got me thinking:)

Marcus liked
ReplyQuote
(@therealmrtall)
Science Friction Club

@skinerd Perhaps an add-on feature to the two-week course? Receive a personalized training plan after the course completes (either on the last day or within a couple of days), with an option for digital followups. 

ReplyQuote
Share:
Item added to cart.
0 items - $0.00
X