Clear all

WhiSkiCo.

(@skinerd)
Reputable Member Admin
Section 8 Coach
Science Friction Club
Secret Snow Sliding Society
Topic starter  

If they’re going to keep putting putting out videos, I think these guys deserve a thread on here:)

Anyone experience these same struggles?

gpatters liked
(@geepers)
Reputable Member Secret Snow Sliding Society
Science Friction Club

This is very interesting. These folk are not average skiers and hearing their comments about their own skiing shows that, whatever the skiing level, there's always points to work on.

Believe Guy Dale is CSIA L4. Not sure about the other two...

@skinerd - with your L4 eye is there anything that stands out in their self critique that seems at odds with the skiing?

MHO - MC loses some separation at the hips just after release resulting in being a little too open. May need footwear with more flex. But it does look like good club head speed and nice follow-thru. ?   

ReplyQuote
(@skinerd)
Reputable Member Admin
Section 8 Coach
Science Friction Club
Topic starter  

@geepers Yeah they are all great skiers, all level 4’s, active course conductors... and all round good folks. I like the production too.

I think their self assessments are pretty accurate. In the big turns they all talk about moving inside and losing outside ski pressure at some point, but through different movement patterns. When I watch, I notice both Guy and JS are pretty quick to drop the hip inside resulting in a bit of a comma shaped arc... but it’s interesting to hear their take on the subtle differences at the root cause of their “troubles.” Their explanations certainly make sense to me, and you can see what their describing. For MC, I see it pretty much how she mentions, but she’s really good at catching herself and getting the ski to hook up.

gpatters liked
ReplyQuote
(@geepers)
Reputable Member Secret Snow Sliding Society
Science Friction Club

Yep, would be delighted with such "troubles"... ? 

Hadn't seen anything from JS and MC before WhiSkiCo although Guy Dale has been putting out the occasional vid for a few years - this one is in my AP stoke collection.

With MC... was wandering if retaining angulation from the previous turn would assist in toppling her upper body into the new turn without the new outside arm movement. That outside arm does continue round the arc and appears to square up the shoulders if not the hips. A little of Alice Robinson's signature arm movement?

ReplyQuote
(@skinerd)
Reputable Member Admin
Section 8 Coach
Science Friction Club
Topic starter  

@geepers those are some sweet turns from Guy.

Posted by: @geepers

With MC... was wandering if retaining angulation from the previous turn would assist in toppling her upper body into the new turn without the new outside arm movement.

It would certainly be worth trying to tackle it from that angle to see if it helps.

gpatters liked
ReplyQuote
Share:
Item added to cart.
0 items - $0.00
X