Page 4 / 4
  RSS

(@adrian_hamilton)
Estimable Member Secret Snow Sliding Society
Science Friction Club
Section 8 Camper
Secret Snow Sliding Society
09/03/2020 7:16 pm  

Here's a drill I just started experimenting with indoors today. I'm calling it the 'Double Pump Drill,' as there are 2 points of short dynamic edging when done properly. It was the first time I tried it and I could feel the benefit for dynamic use of the feet, ankles and knees. I can see from my demo that I need to spend a good amount of time refining the drill but it should be helpful for improving short turns. Hopefully you get the idea.

gpatters liked
ReplyQuote
(@skinerd)
Estimable Member Admin
Section 8 Coach
Science Friction Club
11/03/2020 7:06 pm  

Ahhh yes, another good edge control drill. Thanks for sharing.

ReplyQuote
(@geepers)
Science Friction Club
23/03/2020 12:13 am  

Hope everyone here is managing to cope with this global pandemic. Sure messed up the late season however that's probably going to be the least of concerns. Flew home ahead of schedule and am 1/3rd through 14 day self-isolation - the garden has never looked in better shape.

To backtrack a little on drills... came to the conclusion that I have not a clue how to use JFB's gravity drop and inside ski decider. Thought I had some understanding but it simply wasn't helping. OTOH continuing to flex the hips through the turn and inside butt lift was. Finally got some vid which was a little less like grandpa-on-a-Sunday-outing. Will post elsewhere for some forum feedback.

Stay healthy folks and do what we can to minimise the spread.    

ReplyQuote
(@adrian_hamilton)
Science Friction Club
Section 8 Camper
23/03/2020 12:54 pm  

Good to hear from you. We're trying to make the best of the time and have undertaken to come out of this fitter, with a better garden, tidier house and for me improving my guitar playing and doing a bit of song writing after a hiatus of about 15 years.

It would be good to see the video. Have you bought JF's online videos from his website? I think he explains the concepts, or should it be CONCEPS, very clearly in there. On the other hand, if something doesn't work for you, then it's probably best left. Personally I find JF puts things across in a way that works for me, as does Cath.

I think I might have mentioned that I used 'decider rider' on my L3 teach exam and even cringingly presented a bit of it in my best Quebecoise accent. I think I saw a smile from the assessors.

We should make sure we post lots of stuff on here to keep us sane over the next who knows how long.

ReplyQuote
(@skinerd)
Estimable Member Admin
Section 8 Coach
Science Friction Club
23/03/2020 2:46 pm  

Glad to hear you guys are holding up.

Just making my way back from Mexico with family in tow (ended up flying down here after cancelling our trips to Asia... just days before all the Corona chaos hit). Was really looking forward to the last month of the ski season after a couple weeks of resting the back... but that is not to be.

On the bright side, assuming all goes well and we actually make it home in the next couple days, I expect the 2 weeks of self isolation ahead should allow some time to get plenty of content uploaded on this site.

@geepers... Would be great to get some of that video on the SSSS Symptom Verification forums to kick things off there. 

ReplyQuote
(@geepers)
Science Friction Club
23/03/2020 8:43 pm  

Have the PP Hinterlux vid where JFB talks about those concepts as well.

(I did buy the 1st of JFB's vids - the one about breathing and "folding the hart" - however the information density is a little low. Been spoiled by the amount of info and drills Section 8 puts in the P2P series.)

Can understand the concepts intellectually, get some benefit from doing his drills (skating and drifting) but overall wasn't helping progress. Maybe later.

@skinerd, will see if my busy, home isolation schedule allows time to get that vid posted. 😷 Shame about your trips and the last few weeks of the skiing season. Hopefully we can all resume normal services next season. 

BTW Adrian, I'm a bit of a hack guitar player - have a couple of acoustics and a Strat Fender American Standard Edition - looks like Hank Marvin's - which is lovely to play.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share:
Item added to cart.
0 items - $0.00
X